To ensure that you get your messages read as you intend them to be, it is good practice to leave notes/instructions for the talent who will read your messages.
For specific notes, particular to a single message, you can use the “How Do We Say” section located at the bottom of each message text editor. You can write your instructions here or record them using your own voice by using the “Record Audio Notes” feature.
You will also be able to leave notes (written or with the “Record Audio Notes” feature) during the “review your project” page at check out.
SNAP RECORDINGS PRONUNCIATION GUIDE
Proper Name pronunciation (cities, products, people):
The capital letters represent where the stress or emphasis should be on the word.
Any non-standard dictionary words will need notes
- CARIBBEAN: [kuh-RIH-bee-in] or [kair-ih-BEE-in]
- HUNTINGTON: is the first "t" a soft or hard "t", i.e. hunning vs. hunting
- STEIN: [STAHYN] rhymes with "mine" or [STEEN] rhymes with "teen"
- KARA: [KAWR-uh] or [KAIR-uh]
Dictionary words said in various ways:
- DATA: [DAY tuh] or [DA- tuh]
- ROUTE: [root] rhymes with "boot" or [rout] rhymes with "spout"
- SCHEDULE: [SHED-yuhl], [SKED-yuhl], or [SKED-yool]
- *All numbers by default will be read individually, unless specified otherwise:
- 0: "zero" or "oh"
- 800: "eight zero zero" or "eight hundred"
- 7420: "seven, four, two zero" or "seventy- four, twenty"
- Symbol pronunciation preference:
- "-" symbol: indicates "hyphen" or "dash"
- "#" symbol: indicates "pound", "number sign", or "hash"
Abbreviation pronunciation preference:
*All abbreviations by default will be read individually, unless specified otherwise:
- ISO: [I-S-O] individual letters or [EYE-soh]
- IRA: [I-R-A] or [EYE-ruh] rhymes with the name "myra"
- Inc.: will be always recorded as "ink", so if you wish to have the word "incorporated" recorded in full, please spell it out.
*Please be very clear on how to say your website (say or spell words):
- www.cleandogg.com www dot clean D-O-G-G dot com
- www.theregclient.com www dot the reg client dot com, reg: [REHG] short for "regular".