Punctuation is important
You can affect how your messages are read by using simple punctuation like commas, periods, question marks, line-breaks, extra spaces, etc.
The use of an "exclamation mark" may give the sentence a little more energy.
- "Hi! How are you?" will read with greater enthusiasm.
- "Hi. How are you." will sound more formal.
You can add customized pauses between words using the "add pause" feature. Place your cursor where you want to add a pause in your script, then click the "add pause" icon.
You can make your speech more natural by using abbreviations. For example, use "we're" instead of "we are."
There may be occasions when the A.I. voice may sound unnatural, or pause unexpectedly.
Here are some tips to help troubleshoot difficult reads:
- Try changing at least one word in the sentence.
- Try adding, removing or changing punctuation.
- Replace a space with a hyphen.
- Put some or all of the sentence in "quotes."
- If you're still not quite satisfied, you may get better results by selecting a different A.I. voice.