Step 1: Create New Mix Project
- On the “My Projects” page, click the “Start a New Project” button in the top left of your browser.
- In the popup, click “On Hold Message Mixer.
- Select “Nex Mix."
- Enter the title of your mix, and click the “Continue” button.
Click here to learn more about Snap Recordings Projects
Need some inspiration? Learn more about using our templates.
What is the Difference between a Studio Mix and an AI Message Project?
Step 2: Create Voice Clips
- Click “+ Add New Voice Clip”
- Click “A.I Voice Clips” to start making a new voice clip.
- Select the Language/Accent and click on the names to preview a voice. After making your selection, click “continue”.
- Title the file name for the voice clip and enter your message in the text box below.
- After writing your message, click “preview” to hear your message. When ready, click save to create the voice clip.
- To create additional voice clips, click the “+” button in the top right of the “My Voice Clips” tab, and repeat the preceding steps.
Step 3: Select Music and Drag Voice Clips into the Timeline.
- Click the “Music Library” tab next to “My Voice Clips.” Click Genre and Albums to see a list of songs that can be previewed.
- Click and drag the song you want to use into the timeline.
- The voice clips you created can be dragged from the voice clip tab, click and drag each file into the timeline.
Step 4: Make Adjustments
- After adding voice clips and music, you’ll notice grey boxes in between voice clips which represent music break durations. Click on each region to adjust the break lengths..
- You can rearrange the order of the Voice clips by clicking and dragging them in the timeline.
- You can make music louder or softer by clicking the mixer icon next to “music” in the timeline.
Step 5: Listen to your message and Create a File
- You can press the spacebar on your keyboard to start and stop playback of your On-Hold message or use the controls above the timeline. You can also click and drag the playhead to listen to a specific section.
- After you have finished creating your message, click "finalize mix" at the top left of the screen. Finalizing your mix closes the project and generates an audio file that can be installed in your phone system.**
**IMPORTANT: Once your mix is finalized, you will not be able to edit it again. If you want to work from an existing completed project, you can duplicate it to make a new copy from the “My Projects Page”